PIONEER HDJ-2000 HEADPHONES
Pioneer announces its new HDJ-2000 professional DJ headphones. Designed to enhance Pioneer’s HDJ series, these sleekly designed, top-flight headphones touch down with several new innovations to reach new levels of sound quality, comfort and durability.
First up, the HDJ-2000s’ high-quality frequency response is optimised for pro DJ use and ensures superb clarity with clear separation. This applies to any demanding environment, whether it’s performing in a packed club or engineering in a studio. In fact, the HDJ-2000s’ 50 mm driver units and high-flux magnets create outstanding resolution, from bass to treble, and are ideal for studio applications. Yet another neat feature is the capacity for 3,500 mW of input, which means distortion is prevented, even at sustained loud volumes. The heavy-duty build of these headphones ensures zero resonance.
Sporting a rugged but lightweight magnesium swivel/fold mechanism the headphones are robust, comfortable and compact to transport. Each ear-cup gives excellent insulation and swivels a full 90 degrees using a new i-hinge with auto-return, which presents great flexibility, especially for DJs who prefer the ‘on-shoulder’ method of monitoring. To improve monitoring, there is also a convenient STEREO/MONO switch. Finally, heat-sensitive, low-rebound urethane-foam (memory-foam) padding with a comfortable protein leather*1 surface cushions the ears and head for a no-fatigue fit. The HDJ-2000s are not only the perfect partner for Pioneer’s DJM mixers but even feature a stylish aluminium outer finish to match the play/cue buttons on Pioneer’s CDJ players.
Features at a glance:
- High-fidelity sound and DJ optimised frequency response (e.g. clear hi-hat and kick drum separation)
- Flexible lightweight magnesium swivel/fold design, great to wear and transport
- Robust, heavy-duty build delivers reliability during extended use
- Memory-foam padding with comfortable protein leather surface
- Removable mini XLR connector allows the cord to be replaced
- Convenient STEREO/MONO switch for easy monitoring
- Precision matched sound for Pioneer’s DJM mixers
- Radically unique style and approach to DJ headphones
The development of the Pioneer HDJ-2000 stems from numerous requests from top DJs around the world desiring headphones with:
- Exceptional high-quality sound that clearly and accurately reproduces audio
- Comfortable fit to minimize fatigue from long periods of use
- High durability that withstands demanding conditions and touring
“Our engineers put great care and thought into every aspect of our product line; from our scratch emulation technology to headphone features, we place a strong emphasis on design, sound quality, and overall performance.” said Matt Dever, vice president of Pioneer’s Professional Sound and Visual Division. “These new headphones are a testament to our dedication to elevating the user and artist experience.”
Accurate Sound Quality
The headphone is uniquely designed to improve sound quality and reliability–perfect for use in DJ environments and studios.
- Thick 35 m Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) diaphragm improves rigidity and strength needed for better lower frequency response.
- PET material used in the diaphragm also helps to dampen unwanted resonance.
- Wide frequency response with high clarity and detail results from a large 50mm driver, ideal for all types of music.
Additionally, the headphones have an enclosed “over-ear” design with ear pads that seal around the user’s ears, reducing ambient noise and providing superior sound isolation for tracking in a loud club environment or a studio. The ear pad’s unique material, memory foam (Polyurethane foam), provides a tight yet comfortable seal, further enhancing sound reproduction especially in the mid to high frequency ranges.
Maximum Comfort for Extended Wear
The HDJ-2000′s lightweight construction and soft comfortable ear pads are ideal for long listening/recording sessions and reduce the well-known phenomenon of “headphone fatigue.” The headphones feature:
- “Protein Leather”1 Wrapped Pads – provide durability while making long use of the headphones more comfortable.
- Low-rebound memory foam2 – used inside the ear pads and head pad, contouring to the shape of the head and maintaining a snug fit.
- Magnesium alloy components – used in the main body components to achieve both a lightweight and durable design to minimize stress on the user’s head and ensure comfortable DJ play.
Sturdy, Stylish Design and Construction
The HDJ-2000 employs a Mini XLR connection to join the main body with the nearly ten feet of cable to achieve both a quality “sound” connection and easy replacement. With a new i-type hinge, a smooth and integral form has been achieved that naturally fits the hands at any time during DJ performance. The headphone’s ear pads have a spun finish aluminum ring that matches the design of Pioneer’s CDJ players’ “play/cue” buttons for a cohesive stylish design.
- Folding Structure: The headphones fold into a compact configuration for portability and storage.
- Swivel Mechanism: The ear cups turn 90 degrees for more convenient single-ear or on-shoulder monitoring use. A torsion system returns the ear-cup to its normal position after each use.
- Click Mechanism: Ear cups and hinges gently click into place to prevent inadvertent rotation or folding of the headphones during use.
- Mono/Stereo Switch: Combines the audio signal for single-ear monitoring.
- Carrying Bag: A soft pouch is included to protect the headphones when not in use.